Oakville-Burlington Hundreds of Winter Childrens & Youth Activities
Oakville-Burlingtons's winter's are typical for Canada, with the "lake effect" keeping them somewhat mild, yet allowing a lot of snow to fall. Barring unusual cold spells, there is enough snow to make snow forts, toboggan and cross-country ski in the city. Here are a couple of winter suggestions:
- Skate outdoors Many communities maintain outdoor rinks, but you can also visit the more scenic outdoor rinks (no hockey sticks):
- Take a hike along the city's bike paths. They're especially pretty with fresh snow on the ground. The most scenic are:
- Go tobogganning at the various hills in the area
- Head out of town The countryside around Halton has some winter wonderlands with lots of snow.
- Enjoy the holiday light displays In December each year, there are four popular holiday light displays: